1920’s-1930’s KANSAS, COLORADO, WYOMING, YELLOWSTONE, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, QUEBEC, NEW ENGLAND & MORE TRAVEL ALBUM
There are about 250 photos and real photos postcards and about 60 commercial photos of various sizes in this travel album, dating from 1920-1933. The album measures 7.25”x11.25” and has sparse annotation throughout. The photos are attached with paste, photo corners, and/or photo mounting stamps. The album is full, with a few loose/detached pages and photos, and possibly a few missing photos. Pictured in the album are primarily scenic view travel photos from various car trips – west through Kansas and out to Wyoming, to Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and up to Quebec and New England. Places and photos of note include:
- New York: West Point Academy & the Hudson River
- Kansas: Topeka, an old rural town main street, old autos, Fort Riley
- Colorado: Garden of the Gods, Colorado City, an Indigenous man in full war bonnet and traditional attire, Real Photo Postcards and photos along the Corley Highway and other scenic highway drives, a large mining operation, Phantom Canyon, Royal Gorge and an observation car on its track at Hanging Bridge, Canon City, Table Rock, Denver, Thompson Cañon, Rocky Mountain National Park, Milner Pass (“11,779 ft.”, “snowballs in August”), Estes Park
- Wyoming: prairie roads, rural ranch and wagoners (near Pinedale), Jackson Lake, Yellowstone National Park Real Photo Postcards and photos (Mammoth Springs, bears and cubs interacting with people, Old Faithful), Bighorn Mountains
- Florida: Silver Springs, Miami & Miami Beach, Hialeah Park, a Pan-American Clipper Ship landing on water, an outboard motor boat race on Biscayne Bay, the Keys, Billtmore Hotel, a fishing wharf, flamingoes, Bok Tower, Fort San Marco, etc.
- a few photos from: Georgia [“Negro shacks” and African Americans walking roadside with large bundles – captioned “Typical Georgian scene”, Savannah], South Carolina [Charleston], Quebec [street scenes, cathedrals, a “milk cart” dog-drawn cart driven by a young boy], New Hampshire, Massachusetts [Gloucester, Boston, Harvard], Maine [Portland]
- & more!
The album is a great collection of astonishing natural views and famous places at the time, as well as some potent moments captured in US social and cultural history. Photos are well preserved, the album itself is in fair condition.